The Philosophy Department is part of the larger Humanities Department at Highline College. Students completing Humanities courses demonstrate abilities in the in the following interdependent skill areas:
1. Responding thoughtfully to traditional and contemporary assessments of the human condition.
2. Participating in a variety of types of discourse about human experience.
3. Considering issues from multiple perspectives.
4. Analyzing, interpreting and evaluating argumentative, symbolic, and narrative texts.
5. Reflecting upon artistic, cultural, and intellectual traditions and their contemporary influences.
6. Effectively communicating their own experience and thinking.