Creating a Start Here Nugget
Adding a Start Here nugget to an Angel course can help students get started with the quarter.
To add the nugget:
- Go to your Course Home Page.
- Click on Edit Page.
- Click on Add Components.
- Select the Start Here nugget from the list.
- Click the "Add Selected" button.
- Click Save (in the top right corner of the screen).
Add the content:
Content for Start Here should include a link to the syllabus, information about first assignments, and ideally, the first deadline. See the sample below. To add the content:
- Drag the mouse over the nugget, until the edit (pencil) icon appears in the top right corner.
- Click on the pencil, then begin adding text.
- If no formatting options are available, click on HTML Editor in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Add your text, then click Save.
Sample Content 1:
Welcome to BTECH 262 Microsoft Visio!
To get started, head over to the Lessons area here in Angel. There you'll find two folders: Getting Started and Week 1. The Getting Started area will help you kick off this class right, with:
- Syllabus and Schedule (print these!)
- How to get the Visio software
- How to succeed in this class.
First assignments are due Tuesday, April 12, at 12:00 noon, so make sure you take a look!
Sample Content 2:
Welcome to Introduction to Communication (CMST 101 Hybrid)! Please review the following information:
- Welcome letter
- Quiz for distance learning readiness: http://distanceed.highline.edu/ready.php (this is partially distance learning, so extremely helpful!)
- Course syllabus, which includes the planned course schedule.
E-MAIL ME AFTER 1 and 2 above and let me know that you are safely in Angel.
What on earth do I do now?
Either watch this 2-minute video on how to move forward in the course OR Go to the About the Course section before moving into the first module.
Thanks, Ellen Bremen for the second sample.