Discussion Forum Rubrics
With Angel version 8, the same rubrics that are available for grading Assignment Drop Boxes are now available for grading discussion forums.
To connect a rubric and a dicussion forum:
- Set up a rubric (see this video on how rubrics work and this video on how to create one)
- Set up a discussion forum (see this video about creating forums)
- Click on Settings for that forum, and go to the Assignment tab
- Look for the Grading Rubric section of the tabe, just
under Gradebook settings.
- Note: this is different from the "Scoring Rubrics", which are the old way of awarding points based simply on number of posts.
- Click on the drop down menu to select the rubric for this forum.
- Decide whether you want the rubric displayed to students before or after they post. Click on the checkboxes to make the rubrics available.
- Click Save
To grade a forum using the rubric:
- Click on Submissions for the discussion forum
- Click on Grade Forum
- Click on the student's name to see the messages they posted. This will pop up a new window, which you can move to the side, or read and close.
- To the right of the student's name, click on "View Grading Rubric"
- Click on each square in the rubric's grid to assign an achievement level for each criteria.
- Click Save.
- Click Submit Grades