Visit CanvAssistance Drop-in Office Hours for help. CanvAssistance meets in MIDS, 9-110.
Summer/Fall Quarter on Canvas?
Summer and Fall Quarter classes will be available a few days after student enrollment begins for those quarters.
- Request Test Courses and combined sections. Remember, you do not have to request single section courses on Canvas.
- Complete the Start of Quarter Checklist for Canvas
- See the Canvas Support pages for details
Ready to Canvas?
Canvas is available to any instructor who has successfully completed the online Canvas Orientation. Start your Canvas Orientation online.
Need a video?
Contact email@example.com for more information, or see the website for more on how to get started.
2014-15 Faculty In Residence
Welcome to the newest member of the ID team, Maurea Maya! Have questions about using technology in your courses? E-mail Us or call Ext. 3969 to connect!
- Sue Frantz, Psychology
- Tommy Kim, Literature and Film Studies
- Maurea Maya, ABE/ESL
- Deb Moore, Library
Recent Workshops and Presentations from Instructional Design
- Engage with your Students through Canvas Mobile, Highline Professional Development Day 2014
- I don’t teach online, I don’t need technology - Tommy Kim, Highline Opening Week 2014
- Engage Your Students Online - Deb Moore and Marc Lentini, Highline Opening Week 2014
- Opening Pathways: 5 things you can do right now, Highline Opening Week 2014, with Hilleri West and Nancy Allen. September 17, 2014. Presentation (244K PDF)
- Basic Technology Advice Handout for Students - Sue Frantz, LTC Lunch
- Increasing Efficiency: Easy-to-Use Technology - Sue Frantz, PDD Workshop
Who is Instructional Design?
Sue Frantz, Faculty-in-Residence
Bob Hier, Media Producer
Tommy Kim, Faculty-in-Residence
Marc Lentini, Director
Louise Madsen, Production Assistant
Maurea Maya, Faculty-in-Residence
Deb Moore, Faculty-in-Residence
Chad Russell, Media Programmer
Tuyen Tran, Producer, Student Voices
What does Instructional Design do?
Instructional Design at Highline is charged with four key goals:
- To assist faculty with curriculum design and instructional materials development
- Produce video and other multimedia in support of the instructional process>
- Build a community of practice around the use of technology in teaching
- Support faculty development of online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced courses
We do this through a combination of project partnerships with faculty or departments (for example, redesigning a program to modular, open-entry courses), workshops, seminars and discussion groups, and one-on-one, just-in-time consulting.
Department staff are involved in IT leadership, technology training, distance learning, faculty development, teaching in several different departments, and multimedia production.