Apply to be a TutorWe are no longer hiring for Summer quarter however feel free to apply for Fall quarter.
In order to be a Math Tutor, you must:
- Read the tutor position description:
- Complete an application:
2010 (.xlsx) or
a) After completing the application, email it to Jered Ataky (email@example.com).
- Receive a 3.5 GPA or better in a math course
- Get a teacher recommendation:
2010 (.docx) or
a) Send this to your teacher by email.
b) The teacher is to send it to Jered Ataky (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terry Meerdink (Terry Meerdink).
c) Paper copies of recommendations will be accepted.
- Take the math skills test (at the MRC)
a) Wait until you have been contacted before coming in to take the skills test.
- Be available to attend tutor training on Fridays from 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Be able to work at least 4 hours a week (not including training)
- Be taking at least 6 credits at Highline
Most applicants who score 80% or above on the math skills test will be contacted for an interview.
The Skills Test
The skills test covers a variety of topics up to Math 142 (Precalculus 2). If you have not taken Math 142, make sure you indicate the highest level math course you have taken in the space provided at the top of the page.