Tutoring Center at Highline Community College invites you to
apply for student employment as a front desk assistant. The mission of the HCC Tutoring Center is to provide
academic support to all students enrolled at Highline Community
College. Our primary goal is to create an open atmosphere of
learning for students. We assist students in numerous academic
disciplines through a variety of tutoring techniques by
addressing their individual needs in a constructive environment.
A part of our mission is to work closely with our faculty as
well as other offices that support student services.
Front Desk Job Description -
Front Desk Application
Scope and Function
|The Tutoring Center Front Desk Assistants will perform
receptionist duties. Please see duties and responsibilities
below. Front Desk Assistants work closely with Tutoring Center
Staff to provide an inviting environment for all visitors of the
- Greet visitors entering and exiting the center.
- Assist students with signing in and out on computers.
- Answer phones and provide information about the center.
- Monitor and check out materials.
- Deliver materials/flyers across campus.
- Maintain a clean environment within the center.
- Attend scheduled trainings on Fridays from 1:20-2:10 (Dates
will be announced at hiring).
- Work with Highline Community College Tutoring Center
Staff to develop a work schedule that allows for time travel
to school, time travel between classes, and time to prepare
for one’s own courses.
- Work Study Awarded for the quarter(s) that you will be
- Good communication and organizational skills, and a
- Computer/typing skills (including some Microsoft Word
and Excel experience)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a responsible and
- Maintain high standards of ethical conduct working with
students, staff, and faculty.
- Respect for diversity of students, staff, and faculty,
including race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender and
other forms of diversity.
- Willingness to work as a team member with other
students, staff, and faculty members of Highline Community