How About Fall Quarter?
- Request Test Courses and combined sections. Remember, you do not have to request single section courses on Canvas.
- Complete the Start of Quarter Checklist for Canvas
- See the Canvas Support pages for details
- What about my Angel classes?
Ready to Canvas?
Canvas is available to any instructor who has successfully completed the online Canvas Orientation.
Tegrity is no longer available for new recordings
Highline is transitioning from Tegrity to Panopto for Lecture Capture services, effective June 30, 2014. See the Panopto information pages for more details.
Summer 2014 Faculty In Residence
Our Canvas Transition team will stick around through the summer to help you prepare for Fall Quarter. Have questions about using technology in your courses? Check in with them!
- Sue Frantz, Psychology
- Tommy Kim, Literature and Film Studies
- Deb Moore, Library
E-mail Us or call Ext. 3969 to meet with us about teaching with technology.
Recent Workshops and Presentations from Instructional Design
- Highline's Canvas Transition - Marc Lentini, Opening Week Presentation
- 5 Ways to Improve Hybrid and Online Courses - Marc Lentini, LTC Lunch
- Basic Technology Advice Handout for Students - Sue Frantz, LTC Lunch
- Increasing Efficiency: Easy-to-Use Technology - Sue Frantz, PDD Workshop
Who is Instructional Design?
Sue Frantz, Faculty-in-Residence
Bob Hier, Media Producer
Tommy Kim, Faculty-in-Residence
Marc Lentini, Director
Louise Madsen, Production Assistant
Deb Moore, Faculty-in-Residence
Chad Russell, Media Programmer
Tuyen Tran, Production Assistant, Student Voices
What does Instructional Design do?
Instructional Design at Highline is charged with three key goals:
- To assist faculty with curriculum design and instructional materials development
- Build a community of practice around the use of technology in teaching
- Support faculty development of online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced courses
We do this through a combination of project partnerships with faculty or departments (for example, redesigning a program to modular, open-entry courses), workshops, seminars and discussion groups, and one-on-one, just-in-time consulting.
Department staff are involved in IT leadership, technology training, distance learning, faculty development, teaching in several different departments, and multimedia production.