Camtasia is "screen-casting" software. It allows you to record your voice and the screen of your computer, creating a multimedia presentation for your students.
Using Camtasia at Highline
To use Camtasia at Highline, contact us to arrange an orientation and installation.
Camtasia Best Practices
- Use a script, PowerPoint, or outline to organize your presentation
- Keep it short -- about 10 minutes per video, or else your audience will lose focus
- Link to your screencast from Angel (see how!) or your web site (see how!)
- Caption your video. It helps people understand your video! See below...
Captioning with Camtasia
- Overview of captioning
- Speech-to-text conversion
- Adding your own captions: Add the text | Sync the text with the video
TechSmith's How-to Guides
Camtasia's creator has a great set of resources for learning more