Copying Courses in Angel
When you request your course for a new quarter, you can copy materials from the current or past quarters to the new course.
Course Copy Tips
- You'll have to make changes in both the old and new course once you've copied it. Copy your course at the latest possible date to avoid large amounts of double work.
- Instead of copying the whole course, you can copy only certain assignments and folders. You can do this from Lessons Tab, Add Content, Import from a Course or Group.
- Custom nuggets are copied, but need to be re-activated. From your course home page, click Edit Page, Add Component, and select the custom nugget.
To copy an entire Angel Course:
See the video
Step by step instructions:
- Go to the new course (the one you want to copy
- For instance, if you are setting up a course for Spring Quarter, go into the Spring Quarter course.
- Double check to make sure you are in the correct course. If you are not, you will over-write your current course and lose all student work.
- Select the Manage Tab, then Import Console (from the Data Management nugget)
- Select Copy Course
- Select the course you want to copy into this course (the old course) from the drop-down list
- Click the Copy Button
- Angel will take 10-15 minutes to copy the course, depending on how busy the server is and how big your course is. You can browse away from the copy page during that time.
- After the course has copied, we recommend that you go into the new course, and delete any teams that use the item numbers from the previous quarter (e.g. B013_1234).