Accommodations for Testing
Students who present a letter of accommodation requiring more time for testing can be accommodated through the Teams features in Angel.
Part 1 - Add the student(s) to a Team
- Go to the Manage Tab and select Teams
- Add a new team (call it "Accommodation")
- Add the student(s) to that team
- Your class should also have another team, which is named after the
item number for the class.
- Check to make sure that all the other members of the class are members of that team.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you remove the student for whom you are making the accomodation from the all-class team!
- Exit the Teams Editor.
Part 2 - Customize the settings for that team
- Go to the assessment for which you want to create the accommodation
- Click on Settings
- Set the Access and Interaction parameters for the entire class. (Start date, end date, test length, etc.)
- Click back to the Access tab.
- Under View Restrictions, find the Team Access option, and change it to "Selected Teams"
- Select the check box next to both teams: the Accommodation team and the team named for the course item number
- Click on the name of the Accommodation team
- Click on "Advanced Settings" in the Overrides section.
- Change the Time limit setting to be either time-and-a-half or double time, per the accommodation letter.
- Click Save to finish creating the custom settings, then click Save again to complete the modifications to the assessment settings.