Spring Quarter Angel Course Requests
Canvas Courses and Spring Quarter
For Spring Quarter, Canvas is available to any instructor who has successfully completed the Orientation and is interested in teaching on Canvas.
2013-14 Faculty In Residence
Four faculty have joined ID for this year, to help you through the Canvas transition. Have questions about using technology in your courses? Check in with them!
- Sue Frantz, Psychology
- Tommy Kim, Literature and Film Studies
- Deb Moore, Library
- Matt Schwisow, English
E-mail Us or call Ext. 3969 to meet with us about teaching with technology.
Recent Workshops and Presentations from Instructional Design
- Highline's Canvas Transition - Marc Lentini, Opening Week Presentation
- Spring Cleaning Your Angel Course - Tommy Kim, LTC Lunch
- 5 Ways to Improve Hybrid and Online Courses - Marc Lentini, LTC Lunch
- Basic Technology Advice Handout for Students - Sue Frantz, LTC Lunch
- Increasing Efficiency: Easy-to-Use Technology - Sue Frantz, PDD Workshop
When is Angel Aid?
When do you want it? E-mail Us
with questions about teaching with Angel, Canvas, Collaborate, Tegrity,
and other tools, and our crack team will set up a time to meet
with you one-on-one.
Who is Instructional Design?
Sue Frantz, Special Guest Star
Bob Hier, Media Producer
Tommy Kim, Faculty-in-Residence
Marc Lentini, Director
Louise Madsen, Production Assistant
Deb Moore, Faculty-in-Residence
Chad Russell, Media Programmer
Matt Schwisow, Faculty-in-Residence
What does Instructional Design do?
Instructional Design at Highline is charged with three key goals:
- To assist faculty with curriculum design and instructional materials development
- Build a community of practice around the use of technology in teaching
- Support faculty development of online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced courses
We do this through a combination of project partnerships with faculty or departments (for example, redesigning a program to modular, open-entry courses), workshops, seminars and discussion groups, and one-on-one, just-in-time consulting.
Department staff are involved in IT leadership, technology training, distance learning, faculty development, teaching in several different departments, and multimedia production.