Transition to Canvas
During academic year 2013-2014, Highline will migrate from Angel to Canvas. Details here...
Spring Quarter Course Requests
Using Angel to Improve Student Success
We've released two new videos demonstrating two ways to quickly identify students who may be losing traction in your course:
Recent Workshops and Presentations from Instructional Design
- Highlighter.com Workshop - Create discussions inside a document
- Increasing Efficiency: Easy-to-Use Technology - Sue Frantz, PDD Workshop
- Angel and Other Tools for Students with Different Learning Backgrounds - Marc Lentini, PDD Workshop
When is Angel Aid?
When do you want it? E-mail Us
with questions about teaching with Angel, Collaborate, Tegrity,
and other tools, and our crack team will set up a time to meet
with you one-on-one.
2012-13 Faculty In Residence
This year three faculty are available to help you with technology and teaching. E-mail Us with questions!
- Tommy Kim, English, Ext. 3871
- Sue Frantz, Psychology, see her blog! Ext. 3404
- Jeff Ward, Business, LTC Tech Expert, Ext. 3354
Learn more about e-learning!
Check out the list of online
classes to help you learn about and work with new
technologies in teaching.
Who is Instructional Design?
Media Producer, ext. 3136, e-mail
Faculty-in-Residence, ext. 3871, e-mail
Media Programmer, ext. 3980, e-mail
What does Instructional Design do?
Instructional Design at Highline is charged with three key goals:
- To assist faculty with curriculum design and instructional materials development
- Build a community of practice around the use of technology in teaching
- Support faculty development of online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced courses
We do this through a combination of project partnerships with faculty or departments (for example, redesigning a program to modular, open-entry courses), workshops, seminars and discussion groups, and one-on-one, just-in-time consulting.
Department staff are involved in IT leadership, technology training, distance learning, faculty development, teaching in several different departments, and multimedia production.