skip to main content

E-mail Us

Please e-mail us using this form, or you can use this e-mail address: to send e-mail using your own e-mail program.

Your Name:

Your E-mail:



Leave this empty!!! If you see it

Note: All fields on this form are required.

Getting Started

If you have a disability or believe you may have a disability, call or visit our office.

We're happy to arrange a time for you to meet with one of our accommodation specialists and discuss your needs. If you have current documentation of your disability you will be asked to bring it to your initial meeting.

Student Frequently Asked Questions

Am I eligible for services?
What are my responsibilities?
What formal documentation is required?
What can I expect in an initial meeting?
What services are available?
What about confidentiality?
Where is Access Services located?

Am I eligible for services?
You would be eligible to receive accommodations through Access Services if you:

Have a physical, mental, or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities; are perceived to have such an impairment; have a record of such impairment or have an abnormal condition that is medically recognizable or diagnosable.

What are my responsibilities?
Make an appointment with Access Services:

  • Identify yourself as a student with a qualifying disability
  • Present formal written documentation of your disability, if available
  • Request reasonable accommodations at Highline Community College
  • Request services early
  • Meet and maintain academic standards
What type of formal documentation is acceptable?
Depending on your disability, professional documentation you may present documentation from a medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, neuropsychologist, school psychologist, or other professional diagnostician. In addition, an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or any psychoeducational testing is helpful information to get you started.

What can I expect in an initial meeting?
In an initial meeting, come prepared to discuss your accommodation needs with one of our Access Services accommodation specialists. Meeting usually takes no more than 1 hour.

What services are available?
Services and accommodations, provided on an individually determined basis, may include:
  • Accessible facilities
  • Alternative testing
  • Sign Language Interpreters
  • Note taking support
  • Early access registration
  • Reader/Scribe
  • Adjustable furniture
  • Text on tape
  • Campus orientation
  • Assistive Technology
  • Braille
  • Large print
What about confidentiality?
Access Services is committed to keeping disability-related information confidential in accordance with state and federal laws.

Where are you located?
Access Services is located in the Outreach Center (Building 99) at 23835 Pacific Highway South, Kent, WA 98032

Contact Information

Summer Office hours:

See Academic Calendar for campus closure dates.

Holiday Closures:
Friday, July 4, 2014 Monday, September 1, 2014

Phone Numbers:
(206) 592-3857
TTY(206) 870-4853
VP(253) 237-1106
(866) 327-6856
FAX (206) 878-7247